Week One DOWN!

 Mis amigos, (I will use some Spanish in the Blog in order for me to keep it up, so I guess you can say Spanglish)

Week one is in the books. Although I am posting this earlier than usual, I figure yo doy tú the highlights so far. 

Summary of the week (in short)- A few things of the things I have learned this far is probably about a dictionary’s worth of vocabulary (and if your asking if I memorized all of it, the answer is NO, but I am working on it- I think I got about 20 down out of about 500 words my maestra gave me so far, and its only week 1. But I am working on it!) Also, the amount of verbs that we learned this week in the present tense and how they are all conjugated both for regular nd irregular verbs, not to mention the different categories and word changes that are in the Irregular verbs, and trust me its a lot, and again its only the Present tense. I know I took Spanish back in High School and a lot of it is resurfacing now, but honestly, all of this Spanish work, from high school until now, I can see starting to pay off poco y poco! I am eager to see what I am in for next week. 

Hoy, los seminaristas y yo, y maestras caminamos para la Catedral de San José. Nosotros vimos la Catedral y las ruinas. It was GREAT! The history behind it is interesting and is very much tied to how Antigua was the 3rd Capital of Guatemala until a few natural disasters occurred. The amount of history- political, cultural, religious, and the history with the natural sciences is AMAZING. Not even this blog can contain it all. I’ve the next few days I will describe a a little of what I am talking about. So you will just have to wait and see.

From the Corpus Christi Procession, to the hike up Santa Cruz, to the Chocolate factory, to the visiting of the different Churches to the Spanish studies- I cannot wait for next week!


(Pictures will be posted soon, TBD)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just an ordinary day at School!

Day 1

The Ancient and the Contemporary